The Matchless One
In 1887, the noted historian Philip Schaff wrote: “Jesus of Nazareth, without money and arms, conquered more millions than Alexander, Caesar, Mohammed, and Napoleon. Without science and learning, He shed more light on things human and divine than all philosophers and scholars combined; without the eloquence of schools, He spoke such words of life as were never spoken before or since, and produced effects which lie beyond the reach of orator or poet. Without writing a single line, He set more pens in motion, and furnished themes for more sermons, orations, discussions, learned volumes, works of art, and songs of praise, than the whole army of great men of ancient and modern times combined. Truly the life and character of Jesus Christ is the holy of holies in the history of the world.”
John 21:25 (MSG) There are so many other things Jesus did. If they were all written down, each of them, one by one, I can’t imagine a world big enough to hold such a library of books.
At the core of Christianity is the truth that God came to earth in the Person of His Son, Jesus Christ. The Bible teaches that Jesus is not a created being like the angels, but He is the Divine Son of God and the Creator of the universe (read Colossians 1:15-19).
The Scriptures bear abundant testimony that Jesus Christ is the Divine Son of God…
- God the Father affirmed: “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased” (Matthew 3:17).
- Jesus said: “I and My Father are one” (John 10:30).
- John the Baptist testified: “I testify that Jesus is the Son of God” (John 1:34).
- The disciples declared: “Truly you are the Son of God” (Matthew 14:33).
- Martha testified: “Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God” (John 11:27).
- Demon spirits confessed: “You are the Christ, the Son of God” (Luke 4:41).
- Peter proclaimed: “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God” (Matthew 16:16).
- At the cross, the Roman centurion said: “Truly this man was the Son of God” (Mark 15:39).
- After the resurrection, Thomas declared: “My Lord and my God” (John 20:28).
Famous English cricketer C.T. Studd was a Cambridge scholar and a very wealthy young man who had declared himself an atheist. However, when he studied the life of Christ, he came to the realization that Jesus was God. C.T. Studd trusted Christ as his personal Lord and Savior. He left his inheritance and family fortune to serve as a missionary to China and later Africa, giving birth to one of the world’s largest independent faith missions. The motto that ruled his life was, “If Jesus Christ be God and died for me, then no sacrifice is too great for me to give for Him.”
Matthew 16:16 “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
Jesus Christ is Christianity; apart from Him we have no faith, no salvation, and no hope! God did become man – Jesus Christ is God. And because He lives, you will live forever.
Jesus Is The Greatest
Our Lord Jesus Christ is the most incomparable personality of all human history. Both believers and unbelievers alike have recognized His greatness. The difference of course, for the unbeliever is not his recognition of the greatness of the Son of God, but whether he surrenders to Him as Lord.
“As a child I received instruction both in the Bible and in the Talmud. I am a Jew, but I am enthralled by the luminous figure of the Nazarene… No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus. His personality pulsates in every word. No myth is filled with such life.” – ALBERT EINSTEIN
Jesus is greater than the greatest philosophers: Socrates taught for 40 years, Plato for 50, and Aristotle for another 40 years. Jesus’ public ministry lasted less than three years, yet the influence of His life and teachings far outweighs the combined 130 years of the three greatest philosophers of the ancient world.
Jesus is greater than the greatest painters: Jesus never painted a picture, yet some of the finest paintings of Raphael, Michelangelo, Da Vinci and many other artists found in Him their inspiration.
Jesus is greater than the greatest poets: Jesus wrote no poetry, but Dante, Milton, and scores of the world’s most famous poets have been inspired by Him as by no other. Emerson said that the name of Jesus “is not so much written as ‘ploughed’ into the history of this world.”
Jesus is greater than the greatest musicians: Jesus wrote no music and yet Haydn, Handel, Beethoven, Bach, Mendelssohn and many others reached the highest perfection of melody in their compositions about Him.
“I am not the King. Jesus Christ is the King. I’m just an entertainer.” – ELVIS PRESLEY
The Seven I AM Statements of Jesus
The truth is Jesus is God come in the flesh (John 1:1-3, 14). Jesus was not merely God-like; He was and He is God. Hundreds of verses in the New Testament clearly affirm Jesus Christ is God and He possesses full and absolute Deity – even demon spirits declared His divinity.
When the Jewish people heard the seven “I AM” statements of Jesus in the Gospel of John that was radical, and the message unmistakably clear… Jesus was publicly declaring: ‘I am God.’
- “I AM the Bread of Life” (John 6:35, 41, 48, 51).
- “I AM the Light of the World” (John 8:12).
- “I AM the Door of the Sheep” (John 10:7, 9).
- “I AM the Good Shepherd” (John 10:11, 14).
- “I AM the Resurrection and the Life” (John 11:25).
- “I AM the Way, the Truth, the Life” (John 14:6).
- “I AM the true Vine” (John 15:1, 5).
The Amazing Claims of Jesus
Jesus made some awe-inspiring, jaw-dropping claims that no ordinary person would dare to make.
- Jesus claimed to be the Messiah (John 4:25-26).
- Jesus claimed to be God, and in fact was God revealed in human form (John 10:30; John 14:9).
- Jesus claimed He was and is the only way to heaven (John 10:9; John 14:6).
- Jesus claimed He was sinless, and in fact, He lived a 100% pure, perfect and sinless life on earth (1 Peter 2:21-22).
- Jesus claimed to exist before His birth in Bethlehem (John 8:58; John 17:5).
- Jesus claimed that His words would outlast time itself (Matthew 24:35).
- Jesus claimed to be equal with God and accepted worship as God (John 9:35-38).
- Jesus claimed the right to forgive sins (Matthew 9:2-8).
- Jesus claimed He alone could give people eternal life (John 10:28).
- Jesus claimed He was the one and only way to God (John 14:6).
- Jesus claimed that any person rejecting Him would die in their sins (John 8:24).
- Jesus claimed He would rise from the dead. He predicted how He would die and His resurrection from the dead three days later (Matthew 20:17-19).
Convincing Proofs Validate Christ’s Claims
Talk is cheap. Anyone can make claims. But when it comes to Jesus of Nazareth read the four Gospels and you’ll see He had the divine credentials to back up His every claim.
- Jesus miraculously healed the sick – only God can do that.
- Jesus forgave sins – only God can do that.
- Jesus restored sight to the blind – only God can do that.
- Jesus walked on water – only God can do that.
- Jesus cured the incurable – only God can do that.
- Jesus destroyed Satan’s power – only God can do that.
- Jesus raised the dead – only God can do that.
- Jesus supernaturally stilled the storm – only God can do that.
- Jesus miraculously came back from the dead! The huge fact of the empty tomb is the one that knocks out any possibility of Jesus being “just another religious leader!”
Ephesians 4:21 (AMP) Truth is in Jesus, embodied and personified in Him.
Jesus is unmatched and unequaled! He is completely different and unique from every other religious leader because He has always existed; was born of a virgin, lived a perfect life, made amazing claims and proved them to be 100% true by coming back from the dead and ascending into heaven.
Jesus Is The Only Way to Heaven
Jesus is the Divine Son of God and the Savior of the world. He is far more than a good man, a wise teacher or a prophet. Jesus is the ONLY WAY to God (John 14:6).
Jesus is the one and only way to heaven. He claimed it and proved it by His life, death on the cross and His resurrection on the third day. Every religion, philosophy or belief system that denies Jesus as the only way to heaven is false and ultimately leads people to an eternity in hell (John 8:24).
Am I really saved? Am I going to heaven? How can I know for sure? Countless people in churches across the land wrestle with these crucial questions… The name of Jesus is the one and only name that a person must call upon in order to be saved and set free from sin (Acts 4:12; Acts 16:31; Romans 10:13).
Is Jesus Christ your Lord? Do you know Jesus personally? Is your salvation real? Are you a completely committed follower of Jesus? The Bible declares that faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven. His gospel is a straight path from the pit of sin to the palace of heaven – with the promise of an abundant life here on earth in between.
Make Jesus your number one priority. No matter where you are in your walk with Christ, it’s never too late to begin pursuing a deeper relationship with Him. Whether you’re already passionate about Jesus or know Him only on a superficial level – be willing to lay aside anything that competes with your loyalty and devotion to Him. And never give up living for the One who gave His all for you.